Tranquilo Cafe, Little Corn Island, Nicaragua is for sale!
A Little About Why Were Selling:
We can’t say how much we have absolutely loved owning and running Tranquilo for the past 12+ years, and most likely we’ll stay on for the next 12. John & Doug are just ready to try something new (especially John, who’s getting to be an old fart, and is ready to live out the rest of his life swinging in a hammock, sipping Victorias, and putting his social security pennies into cryptocurrency).
Just as you may be looking for the right fit as an investment opportunity in a tropical paradise, we’re looking for a good fit to carry on Tranquilo Cafe’s good name and reputation (and you can always rename it if you want, of course!), and also be a good member of the community, so we would look forward to getting to know any potential buyers. John & Doug will be also available for a negotiable and extended period of time after sale to help any new buyer get their feet wet as well.
Our staff are some of the nicest and most competent people on the island (truly!), and would also be looking for someone who would be open to keeping as many of them on as possible, and give them all a fair shake on their own merits.
If you are more than just casually interested, please email us at TranquiloCafe.ForSale@gmail.com
Here are a few of the details:
- 2,200 sq/ft main building and deck footprint
- 1,200 sq/ft covered-deck & bar facility, plus additional beach tables, currently seating about 60 total. On busy nights serving 150-200 guests at a time (plenty of standing room inside, plus the beach) is not uncommon. With a full kitchen staff and serving staff, we handle 150+ meals on a good night.. plus breakfast and lunch.
- For musical and cultural events we have 2 live-music stages and full sound system (amps, mics, etc), dance floors.
- Gift shop
- Lending Library
- 2 guest restrooms, plus 1 private one for staff
- On-site private office
- Fully solar powered during the day (most businesses on Little Corn have power from 6am to 1pm)
- 24 foot long custom made tropical hardwood bar and 12 hardwood bar stools
- 12 Hardwood dining tables
- 40 high durability, European-designed imported chairs
- additional on-deck bench seating for 20-24
- additional beach tables and seating for 12 (easily expandable)
- Aldelo Point-of Sale system (Touchscreen station, cash drawer, and 2 printers.)
- Multiple blenders, barware, large glassware inventory, 2 speed-wells, 2 coffee grinders, milk-frothers, and 1 ROK hand espresso machine.
- 1 behind bar fridge/freezer, plus commercial beverage and beer fridges (Provided free by the local distributors)
- 1 small chest freezer (Ice cream and fruit for cocktails and smoothies)
- Centralized multi-zone dimmable lighting and audio control
- Integrated sound system for music, including; amp, 4 Polk outdoor speakers, and wireless mic system (for game nights etc)
- 1 iPad for music management and employee time tracking
- Live music audio system: Amps, mixer, mics, stands cables, speakers for both indoor and outdoor shows
- Full stage and dance lighting for both indoor and outside stages
- 1 commercial 2-basket deep fryer
- 1 commercial charbroiler grill
- 1 flat top grill
- 1 6-burner stove/oven
- 1 counter-top propane single basket deep fryer
- 2 high capacity freezers (1 chest, 1 stand-up)
- 1 medium capacity refrigerator/freezer
- 2 Coffee percolators
- 1 Lillo professional ice cream maker (we sell a ton of ice cream!)
- 2 Food processors
- 1 electric Meat slicer
- Multiple prep areas.
- Outdoor custom-made BBQ smoker with additional prep area/sink
- Full range of cookware, serving-ware, knives, utensils, and storage
- Complete solar power back-up system w/3500 watt Outback marine inverter, 3kw of solar panels, Outback FM80 charge controller, and 5000 amp/hours of battery storage, providing daytime power (Island power plant runs 1pm to 6am) as well as back-up for nighttime. This system saves more than 50% off the monthly electric bill!
- 2 Honda EU-2000 generators for additional backup, and integrated with main panel for quick switchover when needed.
- Office, with 2 safes, Canon copy-machine/laser-printer, extensive office supplies, replacement lighting.
- 24 hour, 16-camera security system plus motion-sensor building and property lights.
- Full coverage Ubiquity WiFi access point internet network
- 100% energy-efficient LED lighting throughout (all dimmable in bar, seating area, and beach)
- Clothes washing machine (for bar/kitchen towels, cabin laundry, etc)
- Several separate storage bodegas (for Bar, Kitchen, Beer storage, Generators/Fuel)
- Recently upgraded septic system, kitchen grease trap, gray water management system and compost area
- Fully stocked hardware and tool shop for maintenance and repairs
- 1 laptop for accounting/payroll/email etc
- Food & beverage inventory to help get you started
- Flexible consultation period with the Doug & John (current owners) until you’re ready to fly on your own. (This can be a HUGE benefit to you as a new owner)
Social media, etc:
- 4.5 star rating average (600+ reviews) on Trip Advisor which can convey if wish if you choose to keep the name.
- www.TranquiloCafe.com web domain included.
- Tranquilo Cafe, Little Corn Island Facebook page with 3,800 followers
- Tranquilo Cafe name is trademarked in Nicaragua, and can be transferred
On-property 1-bedroom private house perfect for owner or manager, included.
Full kitchen, Furnished and screened w/ceiling fans and on-demand water heater for shower.
Excellent local landlord (20+ year working relationship), with negotiable lease terms (flat rate, or optional sales/profit based rent terms).
We can assist on introducing you to the landowner and helping you negotiate your new lease.